We are South Sound’s premier source for all things Giant, Liv, Norco, BMC, Cervélo, Pivot, Moots, Shimano, SRAM, Campagnolo, and Assos. Look for our iconic, centrally-located storefront in the heart of bustling 6th Avenue, Tacoma. We strive to serve our entire community with the most technical experience, skill, and passion for cycling that the city has to offer. Our philosophy is simple: More butts on bikes. It doesn’t matter if you are a first-time or seasoned rider, we take great pride in helping you find the right bike to meet your needs and goals as a cyclist.
We are looking for a friendly, charismatic cycling enthusiast and outdoors-lover to join our team. You will be responsible for outfitting and educating customers and helping build our mission to get more butts on bikes! A knowledge of cycling industry trends, equipment, and brands is desired but not required, as is a love for outdoor gear and apparel — all necessary training will be provided.
Our hope is that you will be someone who will help us build, serve, and retain a customer base of loyal, like-minded cycling and outdoor enthusiasts who see Tacoma Bike as a resource for friendly, knowledgeable, and honest advice.
About the Role
We need your amazing personality to help create a sense of community that keeps our customers coming back for more. You’ll spend your time on the sales floor assisting with daily shop operations, stocking and maintaining displays, ringing up sales, and sharing your knowledge and excitement with our customers.
Skills & Qualifications
- A love of cycling, the outdoors, and outdoor activities
- Any knowledge of cycling or outdoor gear preferred (but not required)
- Ability to follow directions/procedures
- Willingness to engage all customers in a friendly, community-oriented manner
- A love of learning – about gear, about people, about cycling & the outdoors
- Helpfulness and enthusiasm
- Retail or customer service experience
- Greeting customers and engaging with them to determine how best to meet their needs
- Completing retail transactions
- Restocking apparel and gear
- Assisting customers with product-specific questions
- Answering phones and responding to customer inquiries
- Communicating with Shop Manager to determine daily priorities and tasks
- Completing opening and closing duties as assigned
This is a predominantly Tuesday to Saturday hourly position, managing a 5-day per week operation. Pay is dependent on experience.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business demands. Roles and responsibilities may evolve over the years reflecting the growth and maturity of the company.
To be considered for this position please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience with retail, cycling, and the outdoors and why you want to work for Tacoma Bike to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put * your name* Application for Sales Associate in the subject line of the email with your resume and cover letter attached.